Saturday, April 3, 2010

All things babushka

In the spirit of all things babushka lately I spent my Saturday gluing, blanket stitching, cutting (not myself, pieces of felt), watching season three of Veronica Mars and sipping chai green tea. Yes, chai green tea! I had never even heard of it or seen it but now I have a big dirty crush on it. Its one of those small joys people leave behind when they move on I guess. Thanks Elisha! But babushka! Yes! After I drove Luke to work I saw the Olive Tree Markets were on and contemplated going but as I was drying my hurr I had a burst of brooch making motivation. And I have come to realise if I don't use that motivation when it first bursts it is almost impossible to recreate it later. So I made babushka brooches! I am quiet pleased with how they turned out. My camera is out of action so apologies for the bad hiptophotography.

GetAttachment-7.aspx
GetAttachment-4.aspx
GetAttachment-3.aspx

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I especially love the mushroom fabric!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it sad that I have refreshed this about 80 times to see L.GaGas glow stick dress. I better get on with my day hey.

    ReplyDelete